Dear Bardstown Boaters,
Thank you for making 2007, our first year sponsoring National River Cleanup™, such a great success. As one of the 500+ river cleanup organizers, and more than 95,000 volunteers, who participated in National River Cleanup, you helped:
- Fill more than 100,000 bags of trash
- Remove more than 600 tons of trash
- Clean up more than 7,000 river miles
As we turn our sights on 2008, we look forward to building on last year’s success with an even bigger cleanup season. Though cleanups will happen throughout the year, National River Cleanup™ 2008 officially kicks off May 31. Judging from the early responses we have received, 2008 is likely to be another record setting year.
Additionally, we’ve recently overhauled our website to include:
- Customizable personal cleanup pages & personalized email communications that you, the organizer, create
- Zip code search so prospective volunteers in your community can easily find your cleanup
- Banners, badges and eCards to spread the word
- Frequently asked questions for organizers & volunteers
We are very excited to offer these services to all organizers and look forward to working with you in 2008.
Visit the American Rivers National River Cleanup web page.